Thread: Speculation: Alexander Semin
View Single Post
Old
06-26-2012, 06:23 PM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksuperhero View Post
his character and effort concerns are way overblown. as a caps fan i was more concerned about his flat-out playing ability, which is not like it was. no doubt the talent is still there and he hustles too...but it doesnt translate. but ive got little doubt that it will if paired with the right center for a whole season (read: datsyuk).
This is what I am thinking, too. There are other centers that could compliment his game. I think Semin on the Sedin line would be workable. Can Semin convert saucer passes into shots? LOL!

The Canucks feel like they are only a bit of luck or a few tweaks from another cup run. If they were to add a sniper to the second line it might be Burrows, who has chemistry with Kesler. This leaves a spot open on the Sedin line.

Rome was the de facto bodygaurd for the Sedins on the recent Cup run. He has not been given an offer by Vancouver. Gillis must think the incoming personel have this covered. Weber?

Trading for Weber (I think it's Schnieder and Edler) and adding a Free Agent scorer would put the Canucks back into the mix, I'd have to think.