Thread: OT: Futbol II
View Single Post
Old
06-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Brave Sir Robin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycamore View Post
Nothing to do with football for a sec, but I really resent that remark about "Ovechkin getting fat and lazy". You'd get fat and lazy too if you had to play the ridiculously long, marathon like NHL seasons year after year after year after year. It has the effect of draining all the life out of the stars. Ovechkin is a once in a generational talent, but I think that he just getting burnt out by the greedy NHL and its moronically long seasons that destroys players, degrades the quality of play, and leaves the fans bored for 90% of the schedule.
I seriously hope Ovechkin suffers a moderate injury at some point so he can REST ( which is what he desperately needs) and come back as his old self.
Well, actually I used the phrase "fat and lazy" more to refer to Ronaldinho. However, it still applies to Ovi, only to a lesser extent. Forgive me, for I don't have a lot of sympathy for the hardships of professional athletes (unless we're talking about serious injuries). Ovi get's paid 9.5mil per year to play hockey, works a lot less hours and has way more vacation time than a regular 9 to 5 employee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy
Come on...the guy came in on short notice with his best player suspended and lots of injuries. I think he did a pretty damn good job considering.

Honestly, if England doesn't play the same style that won Chelsea the Champions League, they probably don't get out of their group.

They do need to change mentality and style at some point but they need talent to develop to play that style.
I don't blame England for playing the way they did. At the end of their day the objective is to win games. Yet, from my perspective as a neutral spectator(not an England fan), their games were extremely boring.

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote