View Single Post
Old
06-26-2012, 06:35 PM
drbob

vCash: 500
Quick gets paid handsomely:

imho, and deserves it for being the most impactful player on the Kings this year, our only year of winning the Cup in 44 seasons.

He also was the most impactful player in the entire playoffs, for any team.

He was only a 3rd round draft pick and it was expected that Bernier would be our top goalie by last year, but Quickie developed so fast and so well that he took the job first and kept it.

His attitude and character of being humble and giving credit to his team mates makes me think that he will be worth the risk of a longer term contract,

say 7-8 years at a well-deserved $7M per year.

I can never forget how Patrick Roy in '93 and Giguere in two Finals single-handedly dominated the playoffs.

I just don't think Quickie will become complacent or take his press clippings to heart but I believe he will stay hungry, just as Roy and Brodeur did.

If he gives us a home-town discount, that's great, but if not, don't worry, be happy that he is a Los Angeles King and will be for many more years!

I want 2 more Cups in the next 5-6 years and predict we won't win next year, but will win the Stanley Cup in the year after cuz the hunger will be back in full force.

Go Kings Go!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by drbob: 06-26-2012 at 06:49 PM.