View Single Post
Old
06-26-2012, 07:40 PM
cannucky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
Phaneuf/Holzer/Gunnar/Franson all have size, granted Gunnar/Franson aren't exactly "punishing physical D", but our need for size up front was WAY bigger than our need for size on the blueline.

Kessel/Mac/Bozak/Grabo - All small and/or soft
Lupul - Has size, but isn't exactly "punishing" either
Kulemin - probably more of a 3rd line player

Ashton/JVR are both guys who could be huge upgrades in terms of adding some size to our top 6. LA had Brown/Kopitar/Richards/Carter/Penner in their top 6 who either had size and/or physical edge. Our forwards have been completely physically dominated over the past few years, our D hasn't been nearly as bad in that regards.
Dion and Gunner fight like girls and Komi got punched out by the wet paper bag , Aulie was a big boy who could also kick Orr's butt , after he pounded Hartnell in Philly in his first season here he lined up across from Carkner{sp?} in Ottawa a couple of nights later and they caught the conversation on camera with no mike but you could see Carkner say " you want to go with me ? no effen way I'm not fighting you , I'm not stupid " and he skated away from Aulie when the puck was dropped , who do we have now who has that kind of impact on opposing goons ? Wilson put a big leash on him last year and he listed to the coach and got traded for it .

cannucky is offline   Reply With Quote