View Single Post
Old
06-26-2012, 08:31 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I purchased the entire six-game set for my Apple TV but have watched only parts of game 1 so far, I purchased it mostly for archive purposes.

I watched the entire CBC version last night and I must say it was head and shoulders above the NBC version. As a matter of fact, comparing it to the NBC telecast would be insulting to the CBC telecast. Jim Hughson, who I criticized during the Vancouver series, did a terrific job during the entire telecast, and his summary of L.A. Kings history right before he went silent at the 2:00 minute mark was masterful and well-researched...got to give him props. If you haven't seen it, go to the 2:04:30 mark of the video below...quite moving. Then going silent for the last two minutes is a stroke of genius. Guy knows drama.

I think I'm going 8 times myself. Every time the 5 min pp comes on, I'm all smiles.

This is by far the best version to watch. It gets replayed on the NHL Network at least once a week. I believe another replay is scheduled for 6/29 @ 10 am.

Last edited by TonySCV: 06-27-2012 at 11:37 PM. Reason: removed suspect URL link
kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote