View Single Post
Old
06-26-2012, 08:41 PM
KingLB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The Rinne signing hasn't hampered the Predators one bit. I don't get where a few of you think it has harmed them. How has it harmed them in any way? They defeated the Red Wings in the first round and Rinne was hung out to dry against Phoenix on many of the goals that the Predators surrendered.

I don't see the Rangers being dissatisfied with the contract they gave to Lundqvist. It isn't as if the Kings are extending an old veteran on the downside of his career or an unproven netminder. It's a goalie who is years away from entering his prime who has been getting better every year and has been the most consistent performer on the team.

Given the comments made by Lombardi, he seems to indicate that the talks are just a formality, which leads me to believe that they already may have a dollar figure in mind and that the term of the deal is being negotiated.
Really Ziggy? Really? Your better than this. You know the Preds are a budget team, that 1.5-2 mil that Rinne is getting paid is 1.5-2m that could be going to a real first line center or a real first line winger...Or hell keeping their 2 best players....

I agree with others, goalies to anything over 5 years is just bad news...especially a goalie like Quick that depends so much on his athletic ability.