View Single Post
Old
06-26-2012, 08:49 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Really Ziggy? Really? Your better than this. You know the Preds are a budget team, that 1.5-2 mil that Rinne is getting paid is 1.5-2m that could be going to a real first line center or a real first line winger...Or hell keeping their 2 best players....

I agree with others, goalies to anything over 5 years is just bad news...especially a goalie like Quick that depends so much on his athletic ability.
They committed to Rinne to show that they'd be willing to show the same commitment to Suter and Weber. It prevented Rinne from hitting the UFA market. How has his contract prevented them from adding players? Show me an example, because I don't see how you can support this statement without any. How can you prove that the Rinne contract is handcuffing them from signing Suter and Weber? You can't, thus your claims are silly.

The Predators aren't the biggest spenders, they never have been, but the Rinne deal isn't going to prevent them from making moves. They might lose Suter because he wants to test free agency, not because they can't afford him. And Weber is a RFA who will get signed, but we don't know for how long as he may also choose to test free agency a year from now.