View Single Post
Old
06-26-2012, 08:50 PM
KingLB

vCash: 500
I am definitely pro Cliffy bandwagon, and Gillis comments tell you why. Clifford posses the rarest of skill sets in the game, he is a big guy and (imo) has 20-20 potential and can protect himself and his teammates. As we have seen the past 2 playoffs with goons on their way out (thankfully), team toughness is becoming more and more vital. If at anytime you can have a guy that can score and protect other players on the ice he is infinitely valuable. With Nolan/Cliffy/Greene/Richards etc etc always on the ice the other team is always on their heels.

Outside of a few garbage games where the Kings were protecting nice game/series leads the Kings really weren't forced to "push back" (physically)...if the West starts getting some series like the Pens/Flyers/B's have had in the past, guys like this become important. I could easily see a series like this unfolding next year vs Van/St. Louis/Chicago...

Edit: Forgot, search some post series threads from last year, if you wanna see what the "what have you done for me lately crowd" use to think. The same people probably hated King his first call up, hated AMart, and thought JDub was a waste of a young player and a 2nd....

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote