View Single Post
Old
06-26-2012, 10:08 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The Rinne signing hasn't hampered the Predators one bit. I don't get where a few of you think it has harmed them. How has it harmed them in any way? They defeated the Red Wings in the first round and Rinne was hung out to dry against Phoenix on many of the goals that the Predators surrendered.

I don't see the Rangers being dissatisfied with the contract they gave to Lundqvist. It isn't as if the Kings are extending an old veteran on the downside of his career or an unproven netminder. It's a goalie who is years away from entering his prime who has been getting better every year and has been the most consistent performer on the team.

Given the comments made by Lombardi, he seems to indicate that the talks are just a formality, which leads me to believe that they already may have a dollar figure in mind and that the term of the deal is being negotiated.
Yet. Again I am not so much against Rinne's cap hit, while I do think they overpaid by about a $1M as season, as I am agaisnt the term. What is Nashville going to do if Rinne starts sucking in 3 or 4 years? They aren't going to be able to unload that contract, and as good as Rinne is he hasn't won jack yet.

Way to cherry pick with Lundqvist.

The term may be the most complicated part of the Quick deal. I am sure Dean probably offerred him at least a couple of choices. I hope none of them are more than 5 years.