View Single Post
Old
06-27-2012, 07:27 AM
Alklha

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I'd put Schwartz ahead of D'Agostini, especially since he will burn another year off of his ELC in Peoria anyway.
We might lose ELC time, but what does that matter? It means he has less of a proven record when it comes time to negotiate his extension, so it'll be cheaper then.

Quote:
Dags got all those goals and points because he was playing top line minutes because of injuries. He has speed and a pretty good shot, and that is about it.
D'Agostini might have played on the top line for a while, but he still averaged under 15 minutes a game in 2010/11.

Quote:
I personally see him being traded, but regardless I still think Schwartz is the better player as they currently are.
Offensively? Certainly. All round game? No way can I agree. Schwartz is too easily moved of the puck, and made more than a couple of really poor decisions with it in the defensive zone in the glimpse we got of him. That will get ironed out, only a matter of where we will let it happen.

But he does really need to significantly improve his upper body strength.

Quote:
D'Agostini and Sobotka are similar in they are both sparkplugs to put into the top 9 to get something going. Sobotka is defensive and Dags is offensive, but I don't think either should really be in the top 9 full time.

The only reason D'Agostini got a pass for his performance this past season was because Stewart disappointed just a little bit more, but not by much. Dags didn't offer anything for the majority of the season.
D'Agostini was certainly disappointing last season, but it is insulting to even put him in remotely the same category as Stewart. They aren't in any way comparable.