Thread: Prospect Info: Patrick Wiercioch
View Single Post
Old
06-27-2012, 08:16 AM
DefenseMinister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsonscave View Post
His injury and Binghamton's overall lousy season really stalled his development.

I'm also not convinced Kleinendorst was the best guy to be developing young talent in the AHL, no disrespect to the man but I am glad he moved on.
Not sure how you could say this considering all the great, well prepared pros that came up to the Sens from Bingo which Kleinendorst helped develop. Not to mention that he got the majority of these guys AHL championship experience which is invaluable.

Zach Smith, Colin Greening, Eric Condra, Kaspars Daugavins, Mark Borowiecki, Jim O'Brien, Bobby Butler (at least initially) and Jared Cowen are all players who clearly were ready to play in the NHL after having spent their time under Kleinendorst's tutelage.

If you're one of those fans that thinks the Sens should have just rolled over for underperforming prospects like Filatov, Wiercioch and Lehner and catered to their every whim, then I don't know if you really understand "develpment". Some players need encouragement, others need a kick in the ass and in Lehner's case, some of his comments at the development camp demonstrate that the message Kleinendorst and the rest of Sens management had been trying to send has finally been received which should only help him when he inevitably becomes an NHLer.

Kleinendorst was a huge asset to the organization when it came to developing these kids the right way and they're lucky that they have guys like Richardson and Stirling there to take the reins. But it's silly to say that him leaving was a good thing.

DefenseMinister is offline   Reply With Quote