View Single Post
Old
06-27-2012, 09:54 AM
pelts35.com

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Even if the goalie chips it out I like that better than if he just leaves it to go in the corner. Easier to fight for it in the neutral zone than let them set up the forecheck.

Few goalies seem to be able to move the puck. Often they hesitate when coming out and second guess themselves and make bad decisions.

I think it would be worthwhile to play pickup and be aggressive playing the puck, learn from your mistakes, and then carry that over into competitive games.
The reason why few goalies seem to be able to move the puck is because it's very difficult. Putting the glove and blocker aside, most goalies end up playing the puck opposite the way they would if they were playing out, which makes it even harder given the equipment we are wearing.

There are plenty of professional goalies who struggle with moving the puck so it's not all that hard to understand why so many beerleaguers look foolish (present company included) when they try to play the puck. For me, if there is any chance of pressure from an opposing player I'll let the puck go into the corner and let my dman get it. I'm there to stop the puck, not play it.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote