View Single Post
Old
06-27-2012, 11:35 AM
NikC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'm still looking to stay young. I like Mueller and Ladtendresse. I think this team has at least one more season of growing pains in it before we're finally ready to add the missing piece. Not a great year for free agency. Lots of older players who will be looking for retirement deals. Roll the dice on Mueller and see what the trade market is like later in the summer. Maybe Howson will blink on Nash, or a kid will win a spot in camp somewhere and free up a roster player for that team as trade bait.
damaged goods. what happens when X player with upside and injury concerns gets injured? then you're forced to make a trade to salvage the season. dumb.

people get cold feet because they don't want to see the NYR make a mistake, but we made a mistake by not making any moves at the deadline. It cost us a chance to go to the SCF. It didn't have to be Nash either!

BS! we're ready now! Lundqvist won't be young forever. the window is open. if the right move is there you make it. reclamations are not the right moves for this club.