View Single Post
Old
06-27-2012, 11:06 AM
sepster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Are you kidding me? A panel of multiple intelligent hockey minds inducted/voted him into the Hall of Fame. So "no matter what you think you know" hes obviously worthy of a first ballot induction. I only say this because he was just inducted on the first ballot yesterday.

This is a prime example of trolling and uneducated hockey fans. He earned his spot yet some fans still think they know better then people actually associated to the sport and league... HAHAHA

I guess I'm over in the corner with these other trolls and uneducated hockey fans

Quote:
Kevin Allen, USA Today: “Don't have any issue with today's HHOF choices. But Shanahan should have been automatic.''

Matthew Barnaby, former player and TV analyst: “I am blown away that Sundin made it and No Shanahan. Wow!''

Rich Chere, Newark Star-Ledger: “Mats Sundin in the Hall of Fame before three-time Stanley Cup champion Brendan Shanahan? Really?''

Nick Cotsonika, Yahoo! Sports: “Don't understand how Sundin is a first-ballot Hall of Famer and Shanahan is not. … Shanahan will have his day. It just should have been today.''

Darren Dreger, TSN: “I do my best to respect all nominees and the process, however, no Shanahan and no Pat Burns makes NO sense. Hall of Fame debate will rage on.''

Ray Ferraro, TSN: “For all asking--and there is a lot-- I would've picked shanahan before Sundin this year.''

Stan Fischler, hockey writer: “Brendan Shanahan belongs in Hall of Fame ahead of #Mats Sundin. Shanny won a Cup; Sundin won nothing but Toronto writers. Voters blunder.''

Elliotte Friedman, CBC: “Surprised Shanahan didn't get in. Very deserving.''

Joe Haggerty, CSN New England: “Can't wait to hear Will Arnett doling out punishment as Brendan Shanahan to the Hockey HOF for snubbing Shanny today.''

Jim Matheson, Edmonton Journal: “Sorry but Brendan Shanahan would have been a better first-ballot HHOF guy than Mats Sundin. More pts and 3 Cups, plus fearsome fighter.''

Bob McKenzie, TSN: “Personally, I think it's ludicrous that Brendan Shanahan wasn't a first-ballot HHOFer, and that Fred Shero and Pat Burns are still not there.''

Pierre LeBrun, ESPN: “Thrilled for Bure and Oates. Their HHOF call was long overdue. Stunned, however, Shanahan wasn't first ballot.''

Adam Proteau, formerly of The Hockey News: “If I were in charge of the Hockey Hall of Fame inductions today, Sakic, Shanahan, Fred Shero, Pat Burns and Geraldine Heaney would be in.''

Dan Rosen, NHL.com: “Like many others, I, too, am surprised that Shanahan did not get the call today.''

sepster is offline   Reply With Quote