View Single Post
Old
06-27-2012, 12:52 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamipuck View Post
Bouwmeester, could skate with a carton of eggs and not break them. One of the more frustrating players I ever watched. He had more natural athletic ability in his big toe than most have in their entire body.

He was looked as a leader on Florida and I used to watch the bench and he would just sit in the corner by himself. I got seats right next to the bench. It looked like he was just going through the motions half of the time. I know some people are not vocal but he was different, like he didn't give a cr@p.

In a sense he was a bigtime waste of talent, he should be a top 5 dman in the league easy. Honestly it just looked like he had no heart.

Just my observations over the years he played down here.
His skating always reminds me of Niedermayer. Effortless. Just doesn't have nearly the same levels of smarts or effort. If he had worked harder earlier in his career on learning to use the ice and get the puck to the right places, he could have been great.

Not to mention his lack of physicality is also a problem. I'm not saying he needs to throe bone-crushers or anything, but a man with his size and quickness should be much more effective at stopping forwards along the boards.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote