View Single Post
Old
06-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Erick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
who did you have in mind?
I have no idea what Kulikov is worth, exactly. He's definitely a young defenseman who's proven himself at this level, although I think his progression has been rather disappointing.

Either way, Edmonton is loaded with young, talented forwards. Edmonton is also in desperate need of a defenseman, especially a young one like Kulikov to build their D-core; Kuli would be their #1.

As for Garrison, I'd give him the 5/25. I wouldn't expect 16 goals again, but I don't think he's a fluke at all. He developed confidence in his shot this year. There's no doubt that his shot is amazing; he was getting it by goalies without screens this year.

He's an asset on the powerplay (remember, we already lost Samuelsson...PP was a big reason for our success last year), and he's also one of the few (basically just him and Weaver), I have confidence in on the PK.
I feel like Garrison is our steadiest D-man and has been for two years now. If we don't pay him, we'll just be paying someone else to replace his minutes and that someone else isn't going to be as good as him, anyway.

JMO