Thread: Confirmed with Link: Jets select Lukas Sutter (39th overall)
View Single Post
Old
06-27-2012, 01:18 PM
Guerzy
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
Sutter is really underrated by alot of people. He has alot of offensive upside and I see him as a very solid number 2 center in the NHL some day in the Mike Richards role.

This is a guy who had 58 points as a 17 year old in the WHL this season more points then Brandon Sutter got at the same age. If he was slighty bigger he would have been a first rounder easily.

He will put up some big numbers next year and have people wondering how he fell to the Jets in the 2nd round. Watch when all the people who never watch these guys play see him at the Memorial cup next year will be touting him as a steal.

Mike Richards is one of my very favorite players in the entire NHL, if our very own Lukas Sutter is a future mold of Mike Richards then I would be ecstatic.

Joe, as a WHL follower yourself, when do you envision Lukas Sutter making the jump? Also, do you think Lukas can make the Canadian World Junior team?

It would be nice if Sutter could improve even more offensively here in his 3rd full WHL season, be a monster for Canada at the World Juniors, and since he is an October Birthday he will be 19 this October and 20 next October, meaning a year from now he could make the jump to the AHL. Although, a 4th year in the WHL may still be a good route. Mike Richards also spent 4 years in the OHL, an additional 2 years after he was drafted. May be a good path for Lukas Sutter as well.

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff

Last edited by Guerzy: 06-27-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Guerzy is online now   Reply With Quote