Thread: Confirmed with Link: Jets select Lukas Sutter (39th overall)
View Single Post
Old
06-27-2012, 01:49 PM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I was just looking at his weight myself, what a huge bonus to have that structure and build. You're correct in many of the other young Sutters are quite slim.

Some more comparables between a young Mike Richards and Lukas Sutter are they are/were both looked at as not the greatest skaters and both were a pretty open book in terms of how good they could be offensively. I remember the days when many figured Mike Richards would be a great 3rd line center but it was unclear if he would be offensively good enough to be a legitimate offensive top 6 forward.

Mike Richards is a very hefty comparison, but it will be exciting to see how Lukas Sutter develops in the next couple to few years.

Another kid that really excited me and who took a huge step forward offensively this past season before getting injured is Adam Lowry. Huge frame standing somewhere around 6'5".

I really like what we have here in Lukas Sutter and Adam Lowry. If these kids hit their potential ceilings, look out. In 2 drafts we've really added some nice looking prospects in Scheifele, Trouba, Sutter and Lowry.
Will you like it just the same if Lowry and Sutter end up topping out as 3rd line players?

truck is offline   Reply With Quote