View Single Post
Old
06-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Let me get this straight : You hate on Darche because the Habs were short on players and our coach was an idiot. Very fair.

By that logic we shouldn't acquire 4th liners that is good enough to play on the 2nd or 3rd line in case of injury.

Darche was useful two years ago and a great depth player. Not often do you see minimum salary AHL pick up guys end up being given limited offensive roles in the NHL. He exceeded any expectations put on him by a very wide margin and then some, why he can't get the respect he deserves here is mindboggling.

The only way I'd re-sign him is on a two-way contract with the specific intent of having him as a veteran in Hamilton. He'd be perfect there and could be called up if theres a crisis. He shouldn't be a regular however, guys like Geoffrion or Palushaj are ahead (Leblanc too, but he needs AHL time imho).

I don't hate Darche, i said he was a great guy ,i SAID if he signed back to Hamilton and used for EXTREME call up if injury hit the 4TH LINE ONLY , i was OK with that.Bottom line is he shouldn't be playing in Montreal ,or FULL TIME. If he a great NHL 13/14 forward like so many want to believe, he will have no problem catching on with another NHL team.

We let better 4 liners go ,Mathieu Dandenault ,Steve Begin, TKO etc...

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote