View Single Post
Old
06-27-2012, 02:12 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
I think Hudon is a better goal scorer than DD was.
Good to hear although DD's bread and butter is his insane passing/vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
The thing about DD has been his unbelievable determination. You can see it in the way he goes into the corners and to the net against anyone, from Chara on down, and you can also see it in the trajectory of his career- undrafted, sent to the ECHL where he pretty much had to go after the record book to get called up to the A. Then in the A he worked himself onto the top line. This guy has had to face and overcome adversity just to be a pro hockey player, much less an NHL top line center.

His skill set is one thing, and it's elite, but it's his character and drive that make DD an NHLer. Hudon will have to want it BAD to deserve a comparison to Desharnais.
Nicely put. I discounted DD in his first year as a pro when he got a couple games with the Dogs as he didn't look very good but I learned real quick the following season to never discount him again. Personally I never understood the hate that DD has gotten by some around here since we signed him, I know that I will never underesitmate him again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
sags season ticket holder here.

you have more chances to see him at the 2014 tournament.

now he grew up couple of inches last year if he takes couple more he'll have no size issues anymore.

lacks some speed, but has very good balance, and the best hockey sense seen here since Pierre-Marc bouchard. when confident and on his game he can turn a game around by himself. He had confident issues this year with too much pressure (they asked him to carry the offense with asselin) + injuries (a wrist injury he had for months).

He'll be a force for us next 2 years.
It makes sense that he will have a better shot at the wjc's in 2014. Do you like Hudon more then Desharnais when he was a Sag?