Thread: Confirmed with Link: Jets select Lukas Sutter (39th overall)
View Single Post
Old
06-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Will you like it just the same if Lowry and Sutter end up topping out as 3rd line players?
If they can bring character, desire, dedication and fulfil the role, I'll be very happy. Whether they blossom as offensive top 6 guys or develop into the mold of character bottom 6 forwards, I think you can win with players like this. Bloodlines play a role in this too, it makes it comforting, in my opinion. I like bloodlines and although they don't mean squat if the kid can't play, I think these kids can indeed play.

A huge bloodline bust is Jared Staal. I am a huge Staal family fan but I've always said Jared wouldn't make it, I even said a couple years ago I had doubts he would ever produce in the AHL. I watched him every now and again during his OHL days when he came to town and never once did I see anything in his game. I like bloodlines but I'm not blinded by them.

Back on topic, I like these kids and think they can play and be an integral part of the Winnipeg Jets future whether it be excelling as top 6 forwards or bottom 6 forwards.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote