Thread: Prospect Info: Round I, Pick #28: Brady Skjei, D
View Single Post
Old
06-27-2012, 02:27 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Skjei, meanwhile, was the most impressive player on the ice Wednesday, along with forward Oscar Lindberg, who scored twice off rebounds and will spend next season in Sweden. Goalie Scott Stajcer also looked sharp while flashing a quick glove hand.

Skjei on several occasions played a level above the competition: He squashed a forecheck behind his own net, settled his side and made a smart pass to begin a rush … He weaved around two forwards on the defensive sideboards and dished the puck out of the zone … He made a steady, swift move around a forward in the offensive zone and pushed forward to create a chance … He used his body to effectively fend off the opposition.

Of course, it’s only one day, but Rangers director of player personnel Gordie Clark spoke glowingly of Skjei and of the U.S. development program where he honed his skills. Mark Messier, the Captain, was on hand and commented on Skjei’s impressive composure.

Afterwards, Skjei was asked if there were an NHL defenseman he emulates:

“I’d say the most similar would be Ryan McDonagh,” Skjei said. “We’re both left-handed shots and skate well. That’s a guy I hope to play like one day.”

And think about that – McDonagh, the first-pair defenseman Skjei looks up to, is only 23 years old.

The future is bright in New York.
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...ylan-mcilrath-

Brady left camp after today's scrimmages. He has summer school classes at Minnesota to take.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote