View Single Post
Old
06-27-2012, 02:51 PM
jtommyt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
I could care less what you like. I dislike an organization that has no idea what direction they're going. Feaster wants to get out from under burdensome contracts so he sends out a 2nd round pick to dump Regehr and Kotalik. Then he proceeds to pick up another burdensome contract for another pick. It makes no sense. We say we aren't rebuilding, then we take a 5 year project that "hopefully" pans out. This team is all over the map.

If you think Wideman would make a good top pairing defender against tough opposition, you've never seen him play. He's very similar to Liles, moves the puck well, gets shots through and gets eaten alive in his own end. If he plays on the top pairing with JBo or Gio (whichever really) that pairing gets eaten alive. He played very sheltered minutes with a caps team that wasn't very good defensively. Imagine him and JBo trying to contain Clowe, Thornton and Marleau on the cycle... *shudder*
I'm going to ignore the dickish tone of that post and just respond to the highlighted part.

He played an average of just under 24 minutes a night. How sheltered could he be?

jtommyt is offline   Reply With Quote