View Single Post
Old
06-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Kitsy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Look at the numbers when the Caps turned it around with Hunter and had success. He was 5th on their team in average TOI. He played sheltered minutes and the team was successful.
Even with the supposed dickish tone I find myself agreeing with your statements. I was super excited that the Flames got Wideman until I heard the contract terms. I want to get super excited about a new Flame. However, the contract is onerous in it's length and amount. Same thing you noted about Jankowski. I want to be a fan of these moves (and janko could very well pay off) but this feels to me like the beginning of the wheels falling off the Feaster era.

I remember listening to the radio the morning of the Phaneuf deal and the morning guys trying to talk up Hagman like he was a huge addition and Stajan like he could be a legitimate center for Iginla. It's eeriley similar reading posts explaining that Wideman would get this on the ufa market. Well sure he could, and the only team that should do that is one that needs an offensive dman to make a legitimate run at a cup. Wideman could impress us all but the guy (from most accounts) can't play top line minutes. He's a PP guy and a top 4 guy who is notorious for defensive lapses. 5 years is a long time to pay out that kind of money.

Further, from what i'm reading on blogs, and the posters here on hf boards, the caps are not that concerned with seeing him go. It should be disconcerning to us that I don't hear anything except how medicore he is defensively. Sounds like Jay Bo will have to be hanging way back if he pairs with Wideman.

Kitsy is offline   Reply With Quote