View Single Post
Old
06-27-2012, 04:04 PM
NikC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Hence the term "upside."

So we should have paid the absurdly high asking prices on pylons like Zanon and Kubina? How about 3 more years of Tom Gilbert at $4m a pop? Maybe I was watching the wrong deadline, but there wasn't exactly an abundance of depth d-men available.

You'll move Dubinsky? Way to go out on a limb. I never said I wouldn't move Dubinsky, and I've already said before that I'd be willing to move Del Zotto in the right deal, just not as some throw-in in a package deal for a guy like Nash. I also specifically mentioned moving Stepan as a poor decision. Yet you've said you wouldn't let Stepan get in the way of acquiring Bobby Ryan.

I also said I would explore the trade market later in the summer or after camp to see if more options opened up. Granted, it's probably easier to argue against points I never made.

Ah yes, because we all know that being in agreement with our management always plays out so well.

Quote:

Hence the term "upside."
Hence your @ss. It’s BS! the guy hasn’t played a full season in 3 yrs and he’s
hitting record #s. only in your world.

Quote:

So we should have paid the absurdly high asking prices on pylons like Zanon and Kubina? How about 3 more years of Tom Gilbert at $4m a pop? Maybe I was watching the wrong deadline, but there wasn't exactly an abundance of depth d-men available.
Not just the deadline, but the month of February leading up to the deadline. How about Downie or even Gill?
Dom Moore was had for 2nd rounder. Johnny Oduya? we did nothing and we paid for it!

Quote:

You'll move Dubinsky? Way to go out on a limb. I never said I wouldn't move Dubinsky, and I've already said before that I'd be willing to move Del Zotto in the right deal, just not as some throw-in in a package deal for a guy like Nash. I also specifically mentioned moving Stepan as a poor decision. Yet you've said you wouldn't let Stepan get in the way of acquiring Bobby Ryan.

I also said I would explore the trade market later in the summer or after camp to see if more options opened up. Granted, it's probably easier to argue against points I never made.
What was your point? If I don’t agree with picking up Mueller or Latendresse that I’d be down for every
asinine 4-1 trade I could conjure up? Talk about making up points to argue against!

Quote:

Ah yes, because we all know that being in agreement with our management always plays out so well.
I’ve embraced what management is intending to do, which is acquire 2-3 big pieces over the next
few seasons. Last year was the first move (Richards) this year....