View Single Post
Old
04-12-2006, 02:08 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Niittymaki, Pitkanen, Gagne and all in that order. If it weren't for Niitty during that December stretch, no way in hell do we make the playoffs. He was sensational and he showed why he'll be the top dog next year, no doubt about it.

Pitkanen was also in the same boat as he was really carrying the backend before he got hurt. When he got hurt, our power play just wasn't the same without him. I'm still thinking he's playing hurt though and not saying anything.

Gagne I chose third simply because I'm not surprised about the numbers he's been putting up. Once again, the previous years, he was held back by the system that was in place. Once Leclair and Amonte were sent ( I know Amonte plays the right side, but he played LW here), it gave Gagne the top position that he deserved. It should surprise no one that he's played this well. And remember, before Hitch came onboard, Gagne scored 33 goals in his third season as a Flyer, so he showed he could contribute offensively. So no one should act that Hitch did a wonderful job with Gagne because before this year, his plus minus and his offensive game was statistically the worst under Hitch. His numbers were better under Barber.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote