View Single Post
Old
06-27-2012, 06:07 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
Mark my words... But Samuel Roussy will not make the Wildcats next year. McGurty is questionable same with Wood. If there is something I have learned over the years at different training camps, (dont know what Flynn does), but if there are younger guys who are even close to the same level, they will take the younger guys. Right now I personnally see the defence as:
Downe-Melindy
Racine-Emond
Sweeney-Labbe
McGurty-Wood
Those last four spots could really go to any defenseman on their protected list. It really is about who performs best in camp. The top four is obviously set for now but you could ask various different people in the Q world and they would give you a different opinion on who will be in these bottom spots.
If you had said this in January or Feburay, I would hve agreed 100 percent. However, Roussy really found his game at the end of the year. If he starts the season the way he ended last year , he will have a spot. He scored 2 goals in 4 playoff games, which was more than he scored all season. He also played bigger minutes and played time on the powerplay obviously because the coaches saw his improvement and were comfortable with him out there. To me the fight for #6 dman will be between McGurty,Sweeney and Wood respectively. But as you stated, its all about who comes to camp hungry and wanting a spot more.. There will be a ton on competition for the D corps.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote