View Single Post
Old
06-27-2012, 06:15 PM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8oooo View Post
Funny you mention that, because the post I was responding to did not use the same logic as you are using. His logic was that Read's stats (offensive) were so close to Ryan's that it made it fair value...period. He made no mention of anything else. I responded with a ridiculous post, to show him how ridiculous his was.
Well, as long as you admit it was ridiculous.

Quote:
And for the record, I think you're crazy if you think Read is anywhere close to Ryan's level. Ryan is considered a star winger, (not elite, but very good) with 40 goal potential once he gets 1st unit PP time, whereas, Read is...well, nobody knows...I'm sure, whether they'll admit it or not, most if not all Flyer fans will agree, otherwise they would be wanting to trade him for Ryan. We're talking apples to oranges here...
I think Read's value is far higher than the majority of the people around him on the scoreboard. He's young, he may well get even better (i doubt it, but it's possible) and the big one, $$$. His cap hit is less than $1m for two more years! In today's world, that's huge and that's why I don't want to trade him.

Your post made out they were in differing worlds. Ryan is undoubtedly the better player, but that's not everything nowadays.

Quote:
BTW, if you're really saying there's not much on the scoreboard, when describing Bobby Ryan, then really there's no reason to go any further with this discussion. His stats speak for themselves.
Read what I wrote before you over-react. There's not much between them on the scoreboard to justify the huge difference in value. I presume he brings more to the table and I accept he had a down year but that actually hurts value you know? It's not a given that he'll bounce back.