Thread: OT: Futbol II
View Single Post
06-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Brave Sir Robin
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by artilector View Post
Spain has looked a shadow of itself.

Incidentally, I think the more conservative style of Spain (vs. Barca) is in part due to the coach trying to keep things smooth and keep all the best players in the lineup, which means its like 6 central midfielders that interfere with each other and with nobody to stretch the defense. And they still win, cause they're all so damn good.

You can see when a guy like Pedro comes on, flanks start to come alive, they look a lot more dangerous..

Anyway, I almost wanted Portugal to go through for how well they neutralized Spain for most of the game, but you get the feeling that Portugal is destined to be forever a bridesmaid. Lots of good players, but too small a country to produce enough of them in any single generation. Came close at the end of Figo's team time, though..
It's hard to criticize the Spain's lineup when they keep winning. Personally, I've always felt that their player selections are severely limited by their style of play. Players that don't excel at tiki-taka passing, like Navas or Llorente don't get to start.

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote