View Single Post
Old
06-27-2012, 06:42 PM
artilector

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusT View Post
idk, maybe some Caps fans can back me up on this, but to my knowledge, Semin was their best player in the 2nd half of the year. I realize he started out the year real wack, but hes still a great player in this league.
Honestly, I'd love him on the Rangers.
There are far too many ignorant fans that will scan a message board and just spread the "Semin is a lazy, selfish Russian floater" stereotype without ever watching him play. Thankfully GMs arent those people.
Semin actually plays good defense, solid positionally, very good at takeways, can be outmuscled on the boards but does battle.

The real issue with him is, 50% of his playoff series he's fantastic, but 50% of his playoff series he's brought almost 0 offensively -- and if you pay him $6m+, that's the playoff series that you're gonna have a very hard time winning, because all of a sudden a major source that you counted on for production just dries up. We used to think it was lack of a good center in DC, but last year he played with Backstrom against opposition 2nd pair, and the record stayed the same -- great in one series, absent offensively in the next.

So, he's inconsistent. If the rest of your team is very deep offensively, perhaps he can be a great fit and will get you over the hump -- if others can pick up the slack when he's misfiring. But if you have to rely on him to continuously provide a big chunk of your offense, then he's a very big risk..

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote