View Single Post
Old
06-27-2012, 07:47 PM
smoneil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
I like Shane Doan a lot. Rugged forward, stands up for his boys. True leader. At a good price, would like to see the guy on Broadway. I'm sure he wants a shot at a cup before he hangs em up.

Couple things though have to be factored... Top 2 RW positions are already firmed up. If Doan comes here are you going to either
A) Bump your 2nd year captain to bottom 6?
B) Try him on the left wall, and if so has he ever playednthenleft side?
Again, people on this forum are FAR more obsessed with line numbers than they should be. If we have lines of Hagelin/Richards/Gaborik, Dubi/AA/Cally and Kreider/Stepan/Doan, the line numbers mean NOTHING. That's a first line (the Richards line) and two second lines. This is a GOOD thing. Doan wants to be getting 2nd line minutes? Then he and his line-mates had better be playing better than Dubi/AA/Cally. Those two lines pushing each other can only result in positive things for this club.

Incidentally, I also love the idea of putting Doan with Kreider and Stepan. Those two can really learn a lot from a vet like Doan, and that allows Doan to be the "leader" of his line without trying to lead the team and step on Callahan's authority.