View Single Post
Old
06-27-2012, 08:40 PM
Roughneck

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Stajan is a complimentary player he isn't the kind of guy that can do it on his own, I was merely showing when given a chance on the top line he becomes an effective top line player.
No, he isn't.

Quote:
I don't care if he is on the first or second line but he needs to be on one of them. One of my main reasons is this year only

The Devils, The Flyers, and the Predators made the playoffs with a below 50% team faceoff precent.

While The Flames, The Ducks, The Oilers, The Islanders, The Canadiens, The Lightning, The Jets, The Stars, and The Sabres all missed the playoffs with a below 50% faceoff precent.

Only 25% of the teams with a below 50% faceoff made the playoffs while 72% of teams with a faceoff% higher than or equal to 50 made it. The main reason I believe is unless your top players are great at defense you are wasting their time with not winning the faceoff.

It looks like we need to replace Jokinen's 1333 draws. If we let Cammy take them based on this years numbers he would win 608 of them but Stajan would win 690. Which gives our top players the puck and lets them play offensive.
100% of teams using Matt Stajan in a top 6 role have missed the playoffs.

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote