View Single Post
Old
06-27-2012, 09:40 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
One of these days you will realize that hockey is played on ice and not on paper. Kreider and Stepan are 21 years old. They will have peaks and valleys this season and there will be more than a few games where a young vet line of Dubi/AA/Cally will be the better line. Just 12 months ago, they were the best line on this team and Stepan was being penciled in as the 3rd line C. When their careers are done and in the books? I completely agree that Kreider/Stepan/Doan would likely look like the far superior line. In 2012/13, those two lines will be neck and neck depending on who is hot on any given night.
True the game isn't played on paper, but I think when one line is just far more skilled than the other, I think it's fair to assume that it will score more points. It would take Kreider and Stepan having brutal seasons for that line not to produce more than the Dubinsky/AA/Cally line. It's possible, anything is possible, but I think it's a safe assumption that Kreider/Stepan/Doan would score more points.