View Single Post
Old
06-27-2012, 08:40 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivek View Post
I've never been under the belief that the Pens are a destination team or really that any team is. Generally only older players take less for one last chance at the Cup. It's usually the team that offers the most money or the guy's current club that he re-signs with but this offseason is radically different for the Pens. It's the rare coming together of having the capspace, having the holes (a 2nd elite winger for Sid/Geno), having an elite player who is on the market that fits those holes and a GM that realizes that the status quo isn't good enough anymore.

I'm not suggesting that Parise should sign with the Pens soley because they're in a great situation to win a Cup, but I am suggesting that if winning is a very important thing to Parise, the Pens are the team for him. They will offer him a competitive salary probably around 7-7.5 per year and will team him up with one of the two best centers in the league. It truly is a great situation for a player to come into if winning is a priority.
We are definitely a good destination for him. But most likely not the only one. I could see the Kings being just as appealing to him. He doesn't get Crosby, but he gets Kopitar and he gets to play in a system that is quite honestly a perfect fit for him.

I just don't want to see this board explode if we don't get him. I think we have as good a chance as anybody. I don't think we have a much better chance than anybody else though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyOwn View Post
They have a lower internal cap though...not all teams spend to the ceiling, and they're one of em.
Fair enough.