View Single Post
Old
06-27-2012, 09:38 PM
otto bond

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Man this is a confusing thread.

Darche is a fantastic 13th forward in the NHL. Probably works like hell in practice, and doesn't look out of place at all when put in the line up.

It's funny how many people want Staubitz brought back but express such hatred for Darche. Does Staubitz play on the penalty kill? No. He goes out there for 7 minutes a night and maybe gets in a fight, or maybe doesn't.

Darche on the other hand can kill penalties, is a pretty capable player who doesn't make the players around him essentially be playing 4 on 5 and he seems like a great teammate.

I hope Darche works something out with the organization, but if not I have absolutely no doubt he can find a spot in the NHL.

Pretty pathetic, the people celebrating this guy (likely) not being back next year. Some people need to seriously look at themselves in the mirror and wonder at what point being a "fan" of the team turned into them celebrating because a minimum salary guy who worked his ass off to get to the NHL and actually turned into a decent 4th liner, is not going to be back with the team.
I agree! Wen you say he's a great 13th forward, I would go has far has to say he's the best 13th forward for the Habs and deserves a one way contract.
On the other hand guys like him are easy to replace in the depth chart. Not much leverage on his side.
Personally, I would offer Darch a 2 year deal at league minimum. Local boy playing his dream with his family around.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote