View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 05:10 AM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patp77 View Post
Galchenyuk: He reminds me of Matt Duchesne / Jonathan Toews. His ability to go from forehand to backhand and roof it is just phenomenal. It reminds me of a few plays I've seen Duchene pull off and few others seem to have the hockey sense to pull it off as well as these 2 seem to be able to. So a bigger / slower Duchene with the two-way / vision of Toews is more of what I see.

I don't see the Hossa comparisons as Hossa was a speedy forward with a 5th gear he could turn on in a flash to blow by defenders. Maybe the puck handling skills? But that's about it.. I'm not saying that Galchenyuk isn't fast but just that he doesn't seem to have that 'blow-by gear' that Hossa has.

Collberg: Not quite sure who to compare him to but I think Skinner might be a decent start. I don't see the Alfredsson comparison as Alfredsson has a booming shot that Collberg doesn't. Alfredsson was also pretty shifty while I don't really see that in Collberg. Skinner seems to have much faster hands and a quicker release than Collberg but the style of play seems pretty close.

I don't know enough about the other prospects so I'll just stick to these two.
Totally agree, and I really hope Galchenyuk turns out to be a Duchene or a Toews VS a Hossa.

Toews and Duchene are a great mix of skill/talent and grit/heart.

Skinner: I really like this comparison for our Collberg.

----------------------- ------------------

From Hockey News May-June 2012 Draft magazine (more comparisons from scouts):

Galchenyuk: some scouts said...he has Bobby Ryan's hands (emphasis on hands is what one scout wrote)...and one or more scout compared Galchenyuk to Stamkos (wow!! I'll try to not get carried away here!! but we're allowed to get excited!! especially after such a terrible season...right?!).

Collberg: no comparison from Hockey News, except...some scouts went on about his great skill/talent/hands and how they are surprised he uses such a short stick to get the job done!! (not Hockey News, but...in one article a scout wrote he could become a Pat Kane-like sidekick to Galchenyuk).

Thrower: no comparison but a lot of ''he's a dman who can do it all''. For me...if he ends up a better version of Lyle Odelein I would be so happy!! (or anything close to!).

Bozon: one scout compared him to David Perron. I'll take it! Another scout said he has balls (gutsy).

Vail: no comparison... one scout said ''I see a solid 3rd line NHL player'' in the future...

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 06-28-2012 at 05:27 AM.
Mr. Hab is online now   Reply With Quote