Old
06-28-2012, 06:07 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Habber View Post
How many games does it take. 100? 1000? The guy in your avatar played 8 total games last year. Should we have passed. I guarantee you, I put on a pair of skates, and jump on the ice for practice, you will take less than 15 seconds to decide that I ain't gonna make it. Never mind 15 games.

I compared him to Craig Darby. To me that's about all he is. If sometime during the season, Bergevin thinks, Man we could sure use Engqvist right now, then, he can go get him in Russia next summer, we still own his rights.
It certainly takes more than what we saw last year to really get an understanding of a prospect. Can you really tell me everything you need to know about a prospect before writing him off, given the fact that the guy played on the fourth line for 12 games last year, averaging under 10 minutes a game and only breaking just over 10 minutes of ice-time in one of those games? Is that window big enough for you to write off a prospect, just because he's taking longer to develop?

If so, hats off to you. It's not nearly enough for me and another full season in Hamilton would have been nice. However, perhaps his experience in the KHL will make him a better player for it and will season him for NHL play the following year. One can only hope.