View Single Post
Old
11-29-2003, 02:55 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

vCash: 500
Pretty hard for me to disagree, as you brought up good points. I too feel the management is doing a fine job since Gainey's GM debut. Bob is adressing our needs right now, and knows exactly what to base himself on to make this a better team. He knows we are in need of forwards who can make room in front of the net, and it seems to me like he has been studying that case for a couple of weeks now. I also like Julien's coaching technique. When things don't go his way, he's not scared of making changes that sometimes veterans aren't in favor of, contrarly to some head coaches we had in the past, who based most of their decisions on "not making the old guys unhappy".

I also agree on the fact that we're pretty strong in the goalthending department. Theodore is back in tremendous shape, Garon has established himself as a pretty good back up goalie in the NHL... and we also have quite a few promising young goalthenders in the system waiting for our call (i.e. Halak who's doing well in Slovakia).

By the way, Andreas Holmqvist is a Tampa Bay draftee. He's playing in the ECHL right now, and has played a couple of games with the Hamilton Bulldogs in October, due to an affiliation between the Canadiens and the Lightning. He's not our property.