Old
06-28-2012, 08:52 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Pretty stupid question really, he is a natural center and has been all his career, ever play hockey ? Try changing positions just for the heck of it. You kind of feel like when you were 5 years old and lost your mother at the shopping center.

Scott will be back and better than before. M Therrien has also stated mant times on AC that he likes him and he has to be playing in a different system.
Yes, I play hockey. Although I play goalie, I have played forward before. NHL players grow up having played many different positions. You have a million excuses for Gomez, but yet you don't put the blame on him.

I expect a 7 million dollar player to find a way to produce. Despite the system, despite who he plays with, or whether or not he has to play center or wing (because in the cycle game, you often have to cover for anothers position).

The people who believe Gomez should not be held accountable for his poor performance are worse than those who believe it entirely falls on his shoulders. I will say this, the team has had a lot more patience with him than most teams would. His contract is crippling, his play is a blackhole for his wingers.

Apparently it was just a coencidence that the only center Kostitsyn couldn't produce with was Gomez. Instead of saying Gomez had no support from his wingers, maybe you should investigate the possibility that the way Gomez played the game made his wingers useless hence their absence of point production when placed to play with him.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote