View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Mehar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
I also have Tavaras making the team as a 3rd line center and 2nd PP unit and he's on a line with E. Staal and Ebbs. I think Tavaras can be the set up guy, Ebbs can work his magic and Staal can be the wheels. My point was more like I want Getzlaf off the team and lets consider guys like Perry possibly not being there as Giroux (lock) is not the greatest skater, Ebbs (Lock) is not the greatest, Tavaras (Lock) is not the greatest skater, granted he is improving...when those last three who I consider to be locks and are not speedsters, then you got to find others to cut. That was the point I was making. And I have watched the last 3 WHC. How did Canada fair in those tournys? Not too well! Granted, Tavaras and his skating are not to blame, Hockey Canada and their idiot decisions they make is to blame.
Tavares is on my team and so is Perry. People are forgetting that he was the league leader in goals just last year. He might have had a down year, but in the 2010 Olympics, he played great with Getzlaf. Perry scored a critical goal in the gold medal game, and was a very good player for Canada throughout the 2010 tournament. Getzlaf is a question mark for me, even though I have him on my team. I thank him for that dumb penalty in the WHC against Slovakia, since it put Canada in the easiest of the three pools for Sochi. Canada's only tough test is Finland, which they should beat. They should win that pool, get the 8th seed for the quarterfinal, and get an easier matchup for the semis (4/5 team), before playing their toughest test in the gold medal. Getzlaf was a patriot for taking that penalty in that meaningless tournament called the WHC, because it put us in a great position to capture the gold. Thanks Getzlaf!