Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XV
View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Dream Big

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i am not the biggest beagle fan. i was against playing him as much or more than ovechkin and others. i used him as the poster child for hunterhockey when i was upset with it.

that doesnt change the fact that beagle was given a primary role in the caps playoff plan and the caps lost game 7 without him. mcphee and oates both said that the team game and defensive sacrifices that the team showed v boston and the rangers was something they expected the players to keep.

cutting beagle back to 4c doesnt really send that message.

i also wonder if hendricks is not going to bet some appreciation with a greater role than 4th line wing.

if i were to guess come playoffs in 2013, jay beagle will be getting top 9 minutes at center and laich will be skating wing and filling in for injuries at center.

just like i am not sure that ovechkin applies to oates righties on the right and lefties on the left. what made moving marty st louis to the right wing was that right shot stamkos was getting his passes off the right wing. ovechkin is to washington what stamkos is to tb and the fact that stamkos is a center and ovechkin a left winger is a minor detail.

recall, that he is the guy that wanted bondra on the right point on the power play. left shot on the right point.

as to beagle missing a back check on a critical goal. alzner has gotten smoked for a critical playoff goal or two in the last two years. if it had been schultz instead, the board would have lit him up. alzner didnt get demoted as a result. neither would beagle.
Really? "Smoked for a critical playoff goal?" When?