View Single Post
06-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Tender Rip
#Haz supa line mates
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
You were given an example of a blueliner taken with a mid first round pick just a year beforehand, bringing back the best fwd prospect in the world. A trade you were aware of, but tried in every way to downplay.
You have provided one example - one that I even mentioned in advance. One instance is not a trend, it is not a pattern, and it sure isn't the 'big picture'. One instance if it stays one instance is an anomaly. You can make everything plausible if you assume one example makes a case.
Not saying there aren't more lying around, but as said I cannot really think of any (other) good examples and apparently neither can you.

I can admit when I make a mistake (there have been many obviously), and did so as regards St.Louis trading for the pick.

Lets even say that Terasenko was a superb example of a GM dealing from strength (St.Louis had a fine D-pipeline indeed) to address a weakness. It was.
That doesn't mean that Terasenko's situation was normal or indicative of any trend (less so when we're likely talking non-hockey reasons for his falling), nor that there's the same clear cut value proposition when you trade for an as yet unrealized draft pick, as it was when for instance Goligoski netted proven NHL players and both sides of the trade was known.

You are the one who is so concerned about how difficult it will be for all of these blueliners to make this team, hence your "worries" about their trade value not being maximized.

Not me.
I get it. You are high on faith with this one. I just think in the battle between one example of this and a litany of examples of the other, the one comes up short. I suppose that is my shortage of faith.

You stated I was agt signing Martin because I claimed the Pens had a top 3 D in the league, yet I still don't see that quote anywhere.

No. As you very well know, I stated you were NOT against signing Martin, despite repeatedly claiming it this season after he turned out not to be the solution Shero and most here hoped and thought. And I showed you your own quote from the day the signing went down. How can you dance with this one?

You even want to obfuscate on that top3 matter, after calling me out as a liar and insuring that such a quote could not be found? Yet there it is, bolded and underlined. Yet you tell me you don't see it anywhere????

Ah well..... that exhausts my interest for now.

What can I say... I hope you turn out to be right, and in the spirit of tonight's game, Forza Pouliot.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote