Thread: Speculation: 2012 Free Agency Thread
View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 11:39 AM
SH15

vCash: 500
I don't get all the 4th liner talk. Tootoo/Prust etc., Our 4th line is pretty sick if Armstrong is healthy (yes I know he's a whipping boy)...

What we need is a 1st line centre (duh, not available), a better goalie (Luongo), and the removal of Komisarek from the books (ASAP) to help facilitate those moves...

Current projected lineup *Kulemin/Frattin/Franson/Scrivens RFA's

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JvR-Grabovski-MacArthur
Kulemin-Connolly-Kadri/Frattin (All depends on Kadri's 2-way development)
Armstrong-Steckel-Brown

OUT: Kadri/Frattin, Lombardi, Colborne

The obvious weakness here is 1st Line C. Unfortunately unless JvR gives Centre a successful try, I don't see this being fixed. If Parise signed (highly doubtful) he could give it a crack too. The team's biggest need remains a 1st line C.

Phaneuf-Gunner
Liles-Gardiner
Franson-Komi

OUT: Holzer

The obvious weakness here is Komi. We all know that. And 4.5 of cap eaten up is disgusting. Get him outta here ASAP. If unable to fill that hole with Schultz or another UFA, Holzer is ready to step in for far cheaper.

Reimer
Scrivens

We all know the deal here. Get Luongo and you get in the Playoffs. At that point we'll see what happens...

So with all that said, I don't see much in the way of UFA's for the Leafs. Perhaps a D-man and get rid of Komi. I'm patiently waiting for the Luongo domino to drop. Florida doesn't want to pay him. Vancouver doesn't want to trade him to Chicago. The Leafs are the perfect fit.

SH15 is offline   Reply With Quote