View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 10:39 AM
cubsfan999

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
No one wish him to hit the UFA market and go with a cheaper $ Bernier and a good mentor (Thomas, Vokoun ?) instead of giving Quick big $ ?

Giving quick 5 500 000$ + will mean less $ spend elsewhere in the lineup.
The fact that LA had Quick at only 1 800 000$ and could spends more than other teams on the other position was one of the Kinds key to success.

My opinion is: try to sign him at a reasonable contract (4 000 000$ 4 500 000$), if it doesnt work, let another team overpaid for him as UFA and go with Bernier + a good cheaper $ mentor. The money saved this way will be used to sign/retain good player on the lineup.

Quick is at his peak now, Like Miller 2 years ago, Ward when he won the cup, Paying a player at his peak is always a risky proposition. LA could end up with above average, good Goalie performance (but not elite one) for premium money.

Anyway i would not discuss an extension with Quick until a new CBA is in place. A new CBA could bring many new parameter, like bringing back the UFA age to 28yo.
^^^^ BFL not QFT

Are you saying he can't get better? Because his biggest problems are mental lapses and puck handling.

He has the ability to put a team on his back and carry it for long stretches more so than a single superstar forward could.

No Quick last season, we don't even make the playoffs let alone win it all. And by all accounts our window to challenge for the cup wasnt even supposed to open up till next season.

What do you think a goalie of that caliber is worth to our team? Or yours for that matter?

I'm glad you're not our GM.