View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
mcphee doesnt tend to outright lie. if he says he is not going to trade a first round pick, which he has said numerous times, he doesnt turn around and do it.

i remember his comments prior to the fedorov, cook and huet trade deadline. he said something to the effect that he was not going to trade his high end prospects and first round picks. he said if there was something there at a lesser cost, he would consider it.

the media reported that mcphee saying the caps werent going to make a splash on deadline day and not to expect much. the caps made three deals and then the media said mcphee lied. closer reading of his actual words showed that all three of his deals fell within the criteria he outlined in his comments.

you can't accept mcphee's public comments with broad strokes. you have to look at the exact wording.

mcphee's comments about hunter's coaching would likely be accurate as hunter remains part of mcphee's inner circle.
I think this is pretty important to note. A lot of people claim McPhee lies. I've never seen him do it.