View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 11:11 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
I fig value wise Grabs+Gardiner+Colbourne or Kadri+2013 1st(gotta make it top 5 protected) for Lou+Kessler is a bit of an over payment for Lou and Kessler but Kessler can be that #1 C needed and Lou the goalie needed. Plus Grabovski isn't that much of a downgrade that getting Kadri+2013 1st makes it great for the future plus having Gardiner on the back end will make the Nucks D able to put up points no matter what pair is on the ice. As a Leaf fan the only way I would even consider it is if Kessler is 100% and not a risk. If this trade were to happen and Kessler is 1 or 2 injuries away from retirement and Lou can't handle the media in Tor it could destroy the team. The risk is enormous for the present and especially the future. As far as for the Nucks go it has way less risk in that Grabovski is a durable 2 way C who can put up 50+ on a bad team so with good wingers I expect 65. Also Kadri has the raw skill to be a tougher Ribero and if the trade blows up for the Leafs that 2013 1st could be good but not top 5 due to it being protected. When you factor in the fact that Schultz would go to Van in a heartbeat if he knew Gardiner was going there then this trade becomes even more lopsided.
So...if we make this horrid deal, what do we do until Kesler is ready in NOVEMBER?!~?!