View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 11:22 AM
vecens24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Skating is pretty friggin' important especially in our system. Creating separation from defenders and having the goal scoring instincts to finish plays is exactly what we want with Sid. I'd also say Seto is far more physical and has upside to play in all situations. Hudler is mostly a finished product as a defensive liability and not a great board player.

Seto over Hudler easily.
Setoguchi is 25 about to be 26 midway through the season. He's pretty close to being a finished product as well.

Hudler and Setoguchi are remarkably similar in the regard that they require great players next to them to be super effective. Hudler's 50 points this year (and in my opinion Filppula's big year as well) had a lot to do with playing next to Zetterberg most of the season at ES. Setoguchi's big season with Thornton is well documented as well. Personally, I think I'd take Hudler just because he's proven that he is capable of multiple 50 point seasons. Setoguchi hasn't been able to break 41 points in the last 3 years, plus he's missed at least 10 games in each of those seasons.