View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
ok, be nice now... don't get me angry.

i "shot down" Mueller/Latendresse options. Not mindlessly, i gave my reasons. you disagree? fine.

i have given my ideas in one of the versions of this thread you can search for it if you'd like...

just looking at the FA list, i'd like Moen and Konopka for the bottom 6.
wouldn't be opposed to Stempniak for the right price either. We should look at Garrison imo. We should be able to find a 5/6 defenseman from the list that Tortorella feels comfortable with.

*Here's where you and others will disagree, but i'm down for moving Dubinsky, AA, MDZ, prospect and picks for either Nash or Ryan, or an equivalent top line player. I would also move Stepan, but do realize our center depth would suffer...

if the above can't happen reasonably, i see no reason why should not seriously consider Semin. To pass on him because he's not a good fit is pure stupidity for a team this offensively challenged.

at the very least, we should package either Dubinsky or AA with a prospect/pick and get a player that is more consistent and or fits the mold of this team better.

I would like Doan as well, and Whitney, but prefer the former.
Good luck trying to move Dubinsky and AA for anything of top line value. Trading Stepan for a winger is silly, as is trading MDZ if you're not getting a puckmoving defenseman back.

In your heart of hearts, do you really see Semin excelling here? Be honest with that one and you'll find its a disaster waiting to happen. I like Doan and Whitney too - doesnt mean I think they're going to come here.

So, a word of advice, when someone mentions a very realistic option like Latendresse or Mueller, dont look at it in a vacuum and classify it as "dumb." Noone is suggesting these players would be preferable to the ones you're naming. But those other players are FAR, FAR, FAR more realistic to play for the Rangers next season than anyone you've mentioned.