View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 12:50 PM
joshjull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
I really feel like people are going to be pretty happy with the season(+playoffs ) Leino puts together next season. I don't think it will live up to the contract, but I don't think anyone ever really thought he would. I will be extremely upset and very surprised if he doesn't get 40 points. I think Ruff will find a player that he works with.

This is contingent on him not being 3rd line center if the 3rd line is being used like the Gerbe-Gaustad-Kaleta line that he ended up filling in for after the trade deadline.

I'd strongly consider Leino at LW and moving Vanek to RW, though I prefer Vanek play RW when it can be helped. Leino-Hodgson-Vanek gives him two guys with the hockey smarts and the shots that I think he could really excel with. The line would be weak defensively and, well, quite slow, but if it becomes the line getting all the offensive zone starts it has serious puck possession and goal scoring potential. This isn't my ideal line-up scenario, just an idea.

The Leino-Ennis-Stafford line suggested earlier is also very intriguing. It's a line we basically recommended last offseason (with Leino at center and Ennis at wing) as being closest to the Leino-Briere-Hartnell set-up that worked so well. It would not be very good defensively but it would have good speed, draw easy competition, and get a fair number of offensive zone starts.
Ville has said he prefers RW. So you could leave Vanek on LW and put Leino on RW.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote