-

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SH15 View Post
Phaneuf-Gunner
Liles-Gardiner
Franson-Komi

OUT: Holzer

The obvious weakness here is Komi. We all know that. And 4.5 of cap eaten up is disgusting. Get him outta here ASAP. If unable to fill that hole with Schultz or another UFA, Holzer is ready to step in for far cheaper.
Don't want to nit-pick, but both Liles and Gardiner play the left side. Not to mention they both lack the physical element of the game (we'll see how Gardiner develops in that aspect). Again, I'm nitpicking, but Dion plays on the right and Gunnar plays on the left. If there aren't any other dmen added via trade/ufa then I could see this as the opening day blueline:

Gunnar - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Franson
Liles - Komi/Holzer

7th - Holzer/Komi

You need two guys with complementing styles. Both Liles and Gardiner love to rush the puck into the offensive zone to set up the play. It would be more logical to have both on separate pairings to make full use of their talent. I also don't think we'll see a set 2 and 3 pairings. Depending on the situation, and whoever is playing better, pairing 3 could see more icetime on any given night.

Would love to add Shultz as a UFA, but nothing over 2 mil. He's being hyped up far beyond recognition and if this continues, it's likely he won't live up to the payday he'll get. He hasn't played a game in the NHL yet.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote